If you ever gone on a trip or planned a party with a couple friends, you’d know how difficult it is to calculate how to split the costs. Receipt Ninja is a great app to calculate costs splits with relative ease.
Receipt Ninja does a good job of calculating simple splits. Receipt Ninja allows you to enter all your costs, then reports how much each person owes. Receipt Ninja can track who paid what amount and then spits out a report breakdown of costs that’s easy to read.
I liked how Receipt Ninja:
- is easy to use
- can use the preset categories and can add your own categories
- can pull contacts from your address book or add a person not in your address book
- creates a simple cost break down
- calculates paying with different currencies
- can take a picture of receipts (only for records)
- shares calculation reports via email or SMS.
Receipt Ninja can take a picture of a receipt but it’s only for records. It can’t read the receipt and automatically enter the totals into the report. Automatically entering the costs from the receipt picture would be a great enhancement.
Receipt Ninja will take a little time to learn how to use, but once you get a hang of it, you’ll find Receipt Ninja to be a powerful and useful tool to split costs.